Smogger Alley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I may as well start since I created this thing.

2 posters

Go down

I may as well start since I created this thing. Empty I may as well start since I created this thing.

Post by TonySS Thu May 16, 2013 3:39 am

Hi, My name is Tony. I recently......ok, not so recently bought a Monte Carlo SS with a L69 305 and T-Tops back in August. The car is in great shape and has almost no rust on it. The body is pretty strait other than a few dings and it's a pretty good looking car.

Having an complete inability to leave a car like this stock, I bought a TH350 transmission from Jegs and a B&M TorkMaster 2000 Converter. I also bought a B&M Z-Gate shifter to make the transmission swap easier, a True Dual Exhaust kit from Jegs, and Jegs headers to go along with the dual exhaust. Since I don't want to modify my crossmember I ended up buying a new Jegster TH350 Transmission Crossmember to make the whole swap easier. The car is set up with a Holley 600 CFM Carb, and an Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake, bit other than that it's mostly stock.

Future plans include building a streetable 350 engine with a nice set of heads and a cam, lowering the car about 3 inches, painting it gloss black, and getting a set of 15 inch Weld Prostar wheels, and getting rid of the crappy 7.5 rear and replacing it with an 8.5 10 Bolt from a Grand National or Gbody 442.

Pics of the car as it is now.
Spoiler:
TonySS
TonySS
Admin

https://smogger-alley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I may as well start since I created this thing. Empty Re: I may as well start since I created this thing.

Post by Blue Knight Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 am

Nice car Tony!!!
Blue Knight
Blue Knight

Back to top Go down

I may as well start since I created this thing. Empty Re: I may as well start since I created this thing.

Post by TonySS Thu May 16, 2013 11:47 am

Thank you. From what I saw on the other forums, you have a nice car as well. You should create an intro thread.
TonySS
TonySS
Admin

https://smogger-alley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum