Smogger Alley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiper Motor question

2 posters

Go down

Wiper Motor question Empty Wiper Motor question

Post by sseryk Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:04 pm

I have pulse wipers on my car (1985), but the motor is bad. I have a motor from a donor car, but it's a non pulse unit. Once the washer pump and cover is removed they look the same. The covers are different as one has the circuit panel and the other doesn't. Are these motors the same or am I missing something? When I check the parts stores online they do not mention pulse or non pulse. What say you? Eryk
sseryk
sseryk

Back to top Go down

Wiper Motor question Empty Re: Wiper Motor question

Post by TonySS Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Hmm, are the bolt patterns for the covers the same? if they are, have you thought about swapping the covers and seeing if the motor from the donor car will work with the cover from your car that has the circuit board on it?

That said, I can think of a few different things to try.

1.) Try the motor from the donor car without changing anything, assuming that it will bolt right in.

2.) If the bolt patterns for the covers are the same, have you thought about swapping the covers and seeing if the motor from the donor car will work with the cover from your car that has the circuit board on it?

3.) Buy a re-manufactured unit from advance auto. They work great and aren't that expensive. I know this for a fact since I'm using one myself.

I'm a "try it and see if it works" kind of guy, so I usually just wing it and see if the end result is good. That's just me though.
TonySS
TonySS
Admin

https://smogger-alley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sseryk Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 am

TonySS wrote:I'm a "try it and see if it works" kind of guy, so I usually just wing it and see if the end result is good. That's just me though.

I am also. Tried the donor motor and it didn't work. Come to find out the donor motor was no good either. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong in assuming they were the same. I bought a new motor this evening and it works perfect. Thanks for the reply. Eryk
sseryk
sseryk

Back to top Go down

Post by TonySS Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 am

No problem. Glad you got it fixed.
TonySS
TonySS
Admin

https://smogger-alley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down